Some Tips and Norms to enjoy La Tomatina
- Wear clothes that later you throw away as you will never get it clean again!
- Make sure you take a change of clothes for the return bus journey – there are some public showers in Bunyol near the river. You cannot enter the bus with the dirty clothes! (throw it away or bring a plastic bag with you if you want to keep it as a souvenir!)
- Bring goggles (or protect your eyes but don´t wear glasses). Tomato on your eye can be really acid!
- Wear shoes that have a decent grip.
These sense of civic responsibility and cohabitation rules are necessary to carry the event out every year, so there will not be any incident :
- You must not take any bottles nor any kind of object that could cause any incident.
- You must not tear T-shirts .
- Tomatoes will be squashed before they will be thrown in order not to hurt any person.
- Be careful with lorries going through the village.
- When the second incendiary device will be fired, tomatoes will stop being thrown.
- Try to have as much fun as you can but observe the rules and respect the people. There has not been any incident during â€œ La Tomatina â€ and we would like to keep it that way so people could enjoy.
This is a war were there are expected to be no winners, but where all have fun. The attire is simple: COME DRESSED TO WEAR TOMATO JUICE!! Just grab those red ripe tomatoes and throw them at anyone that runs, moves, stays stills, bends down, or turns around (that just about covers it). But as in all games this carries its rules: You may ONLY use tomatoes, and you are to squish them before slugging them. Bottles, water bombs and the like are totally forbidden as it is to rip other’s clothes